December 8, 2010

Check

Somehow with the addition of Facebook and the bringing together of worlds, I've become habituated to check and verify the so-called connections between these worlds. My phone, my Facebook, my door, my MSN chat window, all because I feel there is some obligation to answer them as quickly as possible. I find this curious, albeit slightly disturbing, because I do not want to be on guard, having to scout like an expectant but near-fatigue sentinel for that message to arrive so that I can respond to it in the speed of possibility. It's not a response though, it's a reaction, a quick fix, an answer feigning spontaneity, under the guise of importance but paper thin. Blurt out something, say it damnit.
Quick. Blogpost. Now let's see if it gets any comments. F5, check.

As tangled as this post is, and as much of a poster child as it appears, I feel a laziness, an indesire to salvage it and turn the idea into something more creative. Emoticon, :/ , now we have self-consciousness here, too.

0 comments:

Post a Comment