October 8, 2011

Somewhat Man

One breath, it carries me
where wavelengths scatter -
water recedes and shores
meet matter, worlds are pieced
together
in the creviced afterthought of
exhalation,


I see,
no me


borders crossed and bridged gaps
and a thousand creeks flowing
in between folding wings
beautiful, beautiful things
of weightlessness

find me on the couch,
brushing shoulders with the giant
whose doves fly towards
the other half of the continent
another half hour downriver
amidst the chorus of pressed piano keys
and telling birds, voices heard
in valleys, they echo,


here I am,
keeping what I can weep for
swimming underneath the strain
that gravitates,
telling lines, watered down edges
weaning edges,
colour-changing shadows
bouncing hollow breezes
in the scattersun,
I am one
somewhat man

fading in the light of burning brighter
reminding and reminded
I don't know what I'm doing
while I flow,
I don't need to know.

0 comments:

Post a Comment