November 21, 2011

Oceans Meeting

Francophone? Oui je parle français but not very fluently so that's why I leave tomorrow for New Caledonia. To improve. And to experience. I don't know what it will be like but it will be worth it. Flying 800km away from Auckland across a distance of sea isn't something I do everyday so I think from the perspective that this is a new occurrence, an unusual occurrence, then it has some significance I cannot yet point my finger on. But it will be, as it will be.

I am blessed to leave a place that's rich in what I'd call love, trusting that I will find it so when I return from my séjour. But I think there's no point in thinking about it. I was reminded of a key lesson when a bear and his francophone-from-a-tape keeper came to visit me last night, giving me a parting gift. Very sweet gesture, and unexpected, but appreciated and welcomed with open arms. The card that they wrote made my day. And the message at the end:

"accept love, don't look for it."

The chose parfaite to hear before I leave. It reminds me that I don't need to do anything in New Caledonia, to portray myself in a certain way, to worry how I am seen or what to do, but simply to be. That will be enough. It's an everyday lesson, and everyday rememberance. It pays to be reminded of it.

Thank you J.

I would like to sign off today as what the francophone-from-a-tape called me. Mon Visage Petite Baise. Orthographic errors included. It's only an error if I compare it to the French I have learned, but who says this is not a language of its own. We speak in our own tongues. And somehow, we come across to each other. Like oceans meeting.


Bisous,
Ton Visage Petite Baise

0 comments:

Post a Comment