October 1, 2013

Bridge or Hologram

i am listening to the way the stones
eat next to each other under me,
my sound of stepping.
i am confused by the red echo
of the many dots on the green carpet,
measled there looking at me
as my pupils are trying to slip away noiselessly
to branches, or grass, somewhere green
then dart back unnoticed
- quick before the magnet meets me,
of their eye sockets, telling
come, come out
into the tumbling gears and working cogs
of being interested in sex
- join us here! the white fields demand
the red veins to extract, then! a shoot
at the low of my back as i am patting the ground,
my alien proboscis exposed to the onlooking
two satellites.
i recognise these space machines,
but do not know how to impress buttons
into them without covering up the holes.
i am listening to the way the stones
sit next to each other under me,
quiet.
i am feeling now the surface of the planet
just as starlight thumbs across it
like turning a page, but for the 
countlessth time, the writing has not changed.
i am seeing the starlight park its
pats of assurance on the shoulders of cliff faces,
brushing away eroding tears.
i am listening to the way the stones
wait next to each other under me
- what are you waiting for? tell, tell!
i, crossing, 
try,
look me no longer at.

0 comments:

Post a Comment