September 14, 2010

Shift-I

Wisdom is so much more than we know. Dawns, dusks, they come and symbolise the coming and going of life. They come up each day, routinely, almost ritualistically, at the same time. There is no difference between them. One just likes to symbolise one side of the coin while the other is blissfully turned away, unaware, uncaring, until it flips and the seasons and some of our moods change. Suave is this movement, like a determined flirtation. The goal is to get into the pants of God, into his rear pocket on either buttock, to sit there, hoping for safety and security and all else that is good. You just wait until he sits down and does his paperwork.

Yesterday, I woke up and I was awake, even if briefly. The day had already started and I, for the first time in an unspecified amount of time, had met with it and we spoke kind words. No tribulations, no arguing over what would happen and what shouldn't. We really just sat there in the silence of agreement, occasionally me uttering an utterance of non-importance. It was a lovely time we experienced, that moment. We saw soul to soul, all to all. I am going to have these meetings more and more.

And I really knew it was okay, then, as it is now. There continues to lie my habitual deviation from the truth, an action that is going to stop showing up for work, having been made redundant. With this economy, it does still come in from time to time, knocking at my door, and I open it, then send it out again, with a cheerful farewell. That particular invention no longer need be employed by me. I filled out the papers that I had to, so I wouldn't get into any trouble with the authorities. Really, all I was handed was a contract from an arbitrary filing cabinet, and I saw my signature upon it. I then received a dismissal form, written in the handwriting of God, and I signed my name upon it, thereby making the initial work contract redundant.

My signature was all that was needed, and it was done. I had to have a clear mind for that particular arrangement.

So, the day dusked, and then - then the day dawned.

Circles. Place anything within a circle and it is trapped, separate from the whole, fragmented. Dead. Place it on the line and it shall repeat indefinitely. Place it outside and it is forever, free, unable to see any separation. We are somewhere on the line, I think, teeter-tottering, leaning towards the death within the circle but unable to plunge into that abyss because of the pull of freedom.

You yearn it too, as I do. I am you. So I know.

0 comments:

Post a Comment