May 26, 2011

Missed Opportunity

This didn't seem to be
In need of counselling,
But wait, it's the call of hesitation
That I find me waiting on.

Maybe it's naive to think,
To think I know to think,
Keep the emotion buttoned down -
Why let it slip away?

It's like waiting on authority
For answer. For the sign.
Did I miss it, hands in pockets,
Watching the world be round?

I can't help but run out
For the answers to be read
And when I'm to ever get there,
Silence reads instead.

Spot me sitting a seat away,
Waiting for the words to say,
Holding me captive in mentality,
Bested burden, waiting prey.

Answer me. Answer me.
You said you would when I'd call.
So did I miss your ring
Out of the context I was in?

I tried not to think,
As I now avoid to dwell,
And the prayer that I sink,
Addresses this species of hell.

God, I don't know it any all.
"Don't be fooled", I tried the same,
But why did I not talk?
Is that the question?

Hesitation translates to regret,
And what is, is.
And if we never would have met,
The moment, would I seize?

I'm breathing. Just tell me, man,
What do I do? I implore you,
The pieces I've pieced together
Don't fit to me. Yet,

Where do we go from here?
How do we carry on?
To the answer that you'll give,
What is the question?

What do I ask, to know the truth?
Find me.
Find me.
Find me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment