May 13, 2012

Shout Out to Ghost

With these words of art,
I write now
instead of calling out;
read hear that
if you need something 
that your eye can feather on,
feather on this field
of flowers
that you choose.
Pick one, give it to me,
tell me you love me,
I'll say it back
and we'll forever grow
apart.
The sky is empty
between us, there's
hands running through weeds
and a harp by an ocean,
but I'd like something other than
sunshine;
I'd like something else,
to remind me.
When we spoke -
my feet have sunk,
shadows of clouds have moved
across the earth.
I turned away
and then you reached out your hand
and I felt the distance between
my shoulder and your touch
and when I looked back
it was summer still,
but you were wearing a hat,
the wind in your black hair
caught and it dotted
my horizon.
I shouted out
I love you
and I caught a whiff of your thanks
when the ocean parted.

0 comments:

Post a Comment