March 17, 2010

Question

I would like some advice, if you wish to impart it.

The question - what is the feeling I am about to describe?
I meet a person, I feel strongly about them, I hold on to them because I respect their person, I respect what they say to me, even though it is not always serious, it is always with kindness, even if disguised through the façade of a joke. I get the impression that they care for me strongly, like there is a pull. A certain respect of this kind makes me feel like they are my brother. I can depend on them with anything, even if they don't outwardly show this loyalty, this sweet fidelity that is such a blessed feeling, a feeling of belonging. How do I know I can do this? I feel it. I have not tested it, and I do not feel the need currently to discover any of these limits. In my mind it might have taken a certain imaginative appeal, a desire that replaces a lack? A lack of what? Of brotherhood? Of respect? I enjoy when others are kind to me, when they care and they openly wish to defend me - despite the attack never actually occurring.

Opened up, I have, to them, in the past. This liberty has allowed me to reflect my inner feelings. Those sentiments. Those whose life they do not dissect but present, in a way, for pursuit. Is this one of those? Quite possibly.

My feelings are strong, they are of peace. Where does this feeling come from? This feeling that I have just tried to express without truly revealing its light? How can I do this in words? What is the essence of this?

Could it be love? Full acceptance?

Could it be that the person that I feel this feeling for is but a reflection of myself? A me that wants to connect with me? Why are they in this other person if that be? What is this call that I feel as a sentiment, a warmth from within the heart?

Teach me.

0 comments:

Post a Comment