March 6, 2010

Gratitude

This week was my first week of university, hence the mini post-hiatus. Monday to Wednesday, I left home at 6:50 a.m., came home around the same time in the evening. Information overload in the first few days because I found out about the expected workload. Full-on expectations of excelling, chasing those A+ grades. Study all the time. No. That was my mind blowing it out of proportion. I don't need to worry. So I'm not. One thing at a time, I will focus on that. Thank you for that advice from a friend on Wednesday, and reinforcement throughout the week.

A list of what I am grateful for this week:
- Making my first friend at university.
- Reuniting with my best friend from year 7.
- Seeing people I used to work with around campus.
- Hearing French being spoken predominantly in my French lectures.
- Meeting students who are enthusiastic and willing to speak to me.
- Being driven to and from university by my father, with my brother.
- Finding the location of all my lectures.
- Being given the opportunity to write for the Student Magazine.
- Having time to study and learn what I need to for my lectures.
- Learning about the university computer and library system through the courses offered.
- Going onto Queen Street when exploring with friends.
- Purchasing the needed textbooks and manuals for my courses.
- Organising my diary to prioritise my study and to tell me when assignments are due at a glance.
- Realising that I was creating unnecessary stress on the subject on university.
- Meeting friends from AUT in Albert Park.
- Having lunch and spending time with friends from high school.
- Playing badminton.
- Having notebooks to use for vocabulary and mind-mapping, as well as a refill pad for note-taking.
- Honing my mind-mapping skills by reading part of "How to Pass Exams" by Dominic O'Brien.
- Having Friday off to relax and recharge my energy in preparation for next week.
- Spending a weekend doing both study and fun activities, a blend that I appreciate for helping me achieve a state of balance.
- Seeing "Alice in Wonderland" at the cinema.
- Having Butter Chicken with Naan bread for the first time in a while, a few years likely.
- Being reminded who I am, and about what I need to do.
- Being given the lessons of "A Course in Miracles" for me to apply and learn from.
- Becoming more proficient at work and being present.
- Having my family's support as I adapt to this new environment.
- Being.
- Recognising my brother for who you are.

Thank you.

0 comments:

Post a Comment