June 17, 2010

Shedding Skin

Gotta wonder when it's time to feel right, when it's time to live the right life that you wanted. Don't you? Sometimes, I listen to songs and I reminisce, to myself, about the feelings that they have brought me. Somehow, those songs that once struck me with a sentiment of sadness, loss, loneliness, feel comfortable now when I listen to them. Maybe it's time to shed my skin, my exterior, for the form that's an expression of love.

Can you see how I sound? Ridiculous. Talking about love as if I even know what it is. I'm still a boy, dreaming of what love could be. Yet I know I am love. Seen from the eyes of the lost, it sounds vague, unfamiliar. Seen from the eyes within, it's true. But toggling between two visions is tiring, as I am in the transition period. I know which one I'm picking but focus isn't yet straightforward enough.

I need to know me, to remember me. I have forgotten, I have lost, which means I can regain. I can discover, I can come once more. I call love, I drink the beauty of you in.

To do this means I am willing to give up my secrets, the shades of darkness. Love is total, so must be my surrender. I don't know what it is, but I know it is worth being. Being love. Let me shed my skin so I may know.

Now is the perfect moment. Eternity beckons.

0 comments:

Post a Comment