June 27, 2010

A Simple Request

And it all comes down to leaving it all behind, moving on to the rivers of love, and never be lonely again. How long have you waited? How long 'til you drown?

This gives me hope. The piano is tuned to play on my emotions, the strings that tug at my heart in vulnerability. It soothes my silent despair, my loss, my drama-addicted fuse. It tells me that they are not needed, that I can let go of them and really live. The music moves me because it sings to me what I feel, what I hope to be true.

How many times have I questioned my worth?
How many times have I lost myself in my mind?
How many times have I forgotten peace?
How many times have I not been able to answer my own questions?
How many times have I spoken to anyone truly?
How many times have I spoken to myself truly?
How many times have I taken a leap of faith?
How many times have I felt guilty for what I have done?
How many times have I been confused by my fears?
How many times have I really said something that I meant?
How many times have I gone around in circles?
How many times have I felt something to be true?

It doesn't matter. Quantity is a number and it doesn't matter. Numbers can repeat themselves over and over and not matter at all. Stock markets, Lotto tickets, binary. Rien.

Yet my focus has been programmed to concentrate on quantity. How much, how many. But the wonder of life comes from quality, the truth resonates qualitatively. It is from within me, from within depths and limitless yonders and beyond horizons and sunrises and sunsets, that life really lives. It's not magic. It's not magic. It's real, and I love to know it. To witness it. To feel it.

If you lift me up, just get me through this night, I know I'll rise tomorrow and I'll be strong enough to try.

A simple request. It is done.

0 comments:

Post a Comment