June 20, 2010

Where To Find Happiness

Happiness, not something found in someone else's hands. Don't look for it where you think you have placed it because it has never left its source.

In my fingers
You can see the lonely night
You can just about touch
The sadness.

I gave my heart away
To those who never found it
And I lost its place
Among the wreckage.

It's all fair in love and war
The wisemen speak betrayed
And the rules tell you to ask for more
Lest all the happiness may fade
But the lie was told
And taken to the heart
And rejected by the rest
For no one really understood
What happened?

Everybody fought in vain
For what could never be retrieved
What never seemed to be
In your arms was never free.
And we all draw conclusions
And we all make lost mistakes
But we all forget to listen
To the sound of tears,
Tears streaming down your face
Your cheeks, your mellow chin,
Your voice within,
Silenced.

It's more than I can handle,
It's more than anyone can put up with
So I ask you why you do
The things you do?
Don't you realise yet
That what we do
We only do,
Because we think we have to.

Home is where the heart is.
Happiness is home.
Love is happiness.
And love is everywhere we see it
Because it's everywhere we are
And in each place we put it
We find more of it.

You don't have what I can take
But you promise to undo my mistake
So for that, I look upon you finally
And smile stupidly and freely.
I have it within me
I've had it all along
Life awaits me to begin
On the path I left so long.

0 comments:

Post a Comment